It is necessary to know that the plant retransmits what it perceives of its environment, thus multiple factors can “prevent” the plant from emitting vibrations, like for example:
– the leaf is too dry. Moisten its surface.
– a lack of water in the ground or city water that is too chlorinated.
– a pot that does not allow its roots to breathe.
– a forced culture or with chemical fertilizer.
– stress from you or the plant.
– Too much movement in the room. A quiet place is better.
Choose a thin leaf or a soft petal, taking care that the thread does not pull on the branch by the weight.
NB: Plants with thick cuticles (shiny surface on the leaf as in camellias for example) can be listened only in bloom, by placing the sensor on a petal. Hard leaf prevents the transmission of electrical signals.