Are you interested in schools activities and education?
Here we have some playful proposals for you!!!
Music of the Plants applied in Schools
What plants are in your classroom? Or in your school garden? And what is the relationship your children have with the plants?
Some of us are born plant communicators, whereas for others it seems easier to communicate with other people, or with animals. When a child sees another child or a dog walking by, they rarely go unnoticed. They move, they make noise. But what about plants, and trees? How can we help children to grow up with respect for the plant world? And how can we maintain their wonder and openness for all around them active when it comes to plants, grass and trees?
The technology of the Music of the Plants is a very precious tool for this purpose. Especially the small devices, like the Bamboo and now also the Ginkgo, are suitable for this. Our experience is that children get so curious to hear all the plants. They run around to hear the songs of plants they are usually surrounded by to discover this hidden reality they normally forget to pay attention to.
Plants’ Music for Education
Examples of activities with the plants and the Music of the Plants – technology are: listening in your school garden to all plants you’d like to get to know better, including the plants in your classroom in the morning greeting ritual with song and listening to each other. Other activities are storytelling about plants under a tree (or inside) with an integration of plant music, or making a piece of art yourself as a gift to a plant of your choosing.
See some examples of projects done by Zigola Pioppo, singer and researcher.
See our blog article of the school project:
Tomas and the Flower Telephone – school project
Also some further project of Zigola related to interactive music theatre for children.
In the current children’s literature, music and theater we find more often humans and animals as main characters who experience adventures with whom the children learn to relate to. What about plants?
As science is teaching us in the last decades, plants are intelligent and have senses like we do. Plants can feel and interact with each other and their environment. The music of the plants inspires also artists and musicians to work with plants as protagonists. If you are interested for your school to work with activities with plant music, we are happy to go create a program together, suitable for your specific school or project!
Proposals for educational activities
Here we list some examples of possible activities:
- A workshop: learning to play music with plants! Children can bring their instrument, but also children who don’t play an instrument yet, can join with their voice or instruments that the teacher of the workshop supplies.
- School program: A description for teachers and students with with many different activities for children from pre-school till high school. A project of a duration of a day, a week or a month, dedicated to friendship with the plants!
- Concert: Book a concert with the plants for your school, or for several schools together, by professional musicians who play with plants and trees, also your school plants!
- Explore your school garden! Go for a walk in the school garden and get to know your plants better. You can be guided by a specialist, or follow a teachers instruction that explains how you can guide your class in a musical discovery with the plants.
- Storytelling and art activity: Invite a musician and a singer / storyteller to perform at your school or a theater near you with a show about friendship with the plant world and live music of flowers (for children between 4 and 9 years old)
For more information, contact us at email@example.com